Received 2 new 3rd Generation iPads via the SG Apple online store; Leica D-Lux 5 Firmware Update

Happy that I received my iPad 3rd generation on the second day after its worldwide release. I ordered it on the Apple online store in Singapore on the same day that it opened up to preorders. Then I ordered a second one for my wife, and though it indicated 2 to 3 weeks to ship, we actually received it within a week (even less!!). Quite fast, and we're happy about it!

My message? Go ahead and order from the Apple online store! It's trouble free, and fast. Plus, you get the added benefit of a personalized laser inscription at the back.

What do I like about the new iPad? The Retina screen is great! Like one accurately described it, it's like moving up from a regular LCD TV to a High Definition TV. Also, it runs noticeably faster. Great overall.
I also like how someone commented- that when the new iPad started shipping, many were waiting at home and happily greeting the DHL delivery guy. Then it was like Christmas around the world, with people happily opening boxes, but in March! And I was one of them!


As a result of changing iPads, just as when changing iPhones, I needed to put back all my apps and files. Particularly this time around, as I gave my iPad 2 to my sister (a gift from me and my brother) when I was in Manila last weekend, so I had to rebuild from the iCloud and from the net. Turned out to be a blessing, in many ways. For me, as i was saving the Leica instructions and brochures to iBooks, I learned that there was a Firmware 2.0 update for my Leica D-Lux 5.

Not that I feel a need for a Firmware update. In fact I'm still learning more about my Leica and how to get the most out of it. But an update is much welcome, especially on knowing the Benefits of the update:
- Auto-focus speed up
- Longer exposure speeds on Manual, from 60 seconds to 250 seconds
- High ISO NR for ISO 1600 and ISO 3200
- Improved Auto White Balance performance
- plus, plus, plus.
I didn't even know I could update the Firmware on my own! But it's a happy surprise, and relatively easy to do just by following the Instructions.

I got my Leica from the boutique store at Raffles Hotel in Singapore in February 2012. The Firmware update was in December 2011. Check your Leica D-Lux 5 if you similarly can benefit from an update.

Do you have a Leica? Have you tried the new features? How do you find them?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Singapore

Comments