Putrajaya, Impressive future capital of Malaysia

I had a quick drive around Putrajaya two weeks ago, and I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised. What i saw has uplifted my view of Malaysia! I must say that they've done a great job in establishing and beautifying this future capital city.


I've been going to Malaysia on average twice a month for the last two years, but had never taken the time to go around Putrajaya. So I was very happy for this recent opportunity.

The main mosque at Putrajaya.

It was particularly interesting for me to visit the place because


I had just finished the book by Joel Rosenberg entitled The Tehran Initiative. This Is a powerful book that talks about current geopolitical scenarios with a Biblical prophetic lens, it feels like reading the current newspaper and that events are simultaneously unfolding, at the same time it reads like any best selling adventure and espionage novel should be. I kid you not, you MUST read this book. It could change your life. At the very least, it's entertaining reading, akin to watching a good movie!


Back to Putrajaya, driving around you'd notice it is very clean, with well maintained greeneries, and intentionally interesting structures. It was pointed out to me that even the street lamps change designs every few hundred meters, and there are about five bridges with unique design characteristics.
The Prime Minister's office with the flags of the states of Malaysia in front.



One of the bridges at Putrajaya.









Above is an artistic play on the bridge as seen while passing through it. To the right is a grand architecture by the water, and another bridge with a European feel.

Putrajaya is about 30 minutes by car from Kuala Lumpur, and is in the direction of the airport. Therefore it should be relatively easy to visit. I would still stay at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur for the night, and the Westin KL and Shangri-La KL are my most frequented landing spots and they provide easy access to shops and restaurants. There's a Shangri-La in Putrajaya, but you should only plan on staying there if you want a get-away from the city lights and maybe do some reading at night.
If you want a nature retreat though, some lush greens away from malls and people, you should consider the Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa. The name doesn't communicate "nature getaway", but the place is a five-star boutique resort that immediately radiates "nature"and "relaxation". I was shown around the venue and as I walked their lobby and garden, I quickly decided I'd like to come back and stay here. This beautiful place was another pleasant surprise, unknowingly just tucked away not far from Kuala Lumpur and a few minutes from the center of Putrajaya.


Well, that's all for now. Here is a photo of me looking touristy in front of the main mosque at Putrajaya. Remember to grab The Tehran Initiative by Joel Rosenberg. You will be blessed!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Malaysia

Comments