Mont Blanc Starwalker Black Mystery Ballpoint Pen - Enjoyable writing instrument

The Mont Blanc Starwalker Black Mystery Ballpoint Pen is a black lacquer pen with a laser-engraved pattern.




The laser engraving gives the pen a 3 Dimensional depth, and personally it makes the pen look more intriguing than a solid black barrel. Indeed as the name aptly describes it, the Black Mystery pen puts a touch of mystery at your fingertips. The above photo from the website makes the clear tip with the floating Mont Blanc logo appear with a bluish tint, which could be interesting, but it is really transparent and colorless.
Since using the S.T. Dupont Elysée lacquer pen, I've grown to a deeper appreciation of the unique feel of lacquer pens. I've written about this in my previous blog, and you can read more about the crafting of lacquer pens from tree sap from the S.T. Dupont website and gain a deeper understanding of the unique processes and natural materials used in lacquers.




These ballpoint pens and prices are from the Mont Blanc website.




One more thing I noticed as I was comparing the Mont Blanc Starwalker resin ballpoint pens and lacquer ballpoint pens, it consistently felt smoother and easier to write with the lacquer pens. And so I learned that it is not just a feeling, but the heavier weight of lacquer pens actually adds downward pressure, so you are simply guiding the pen as you write, and don't need as much downward pressure. Thus it is a fact that you do write easier with lacquer pens.
Why are lacquer pens heavier? They are constructed using metal barrels coated with multiple layers of lacquer. This contrasts to precious resin pens that don't have metal barrels. For this reason a lacquer pen is also more sturdy and chances are, will withstand an accidental (and painful) drop better than a resin pen.




Why did I choose the Mont Blanc Starwalker Black Mystery Ballpoint Pen? I prefer the younger and more modern feel versus the classic Mont Blanc Meisterstück pen. I compared the resin pen and was willing to spend the added $150 plus for the lacquer material. It just felt better. Compared to the metal and rubber Starwalker, or the new red gold-plated metal Starwalker, I personally prefer the smooth feel of the lacquer pens. Now compared to the Cool Blue Starwalker lacquer pen, I have to say this latter has a very vibrant, almost electric blue color (more than "cool"), has a 3 Dimensional, almost holographic look, and looks very young. I actually like it, but more for weekends and when I'm away from the office, as I feel it isn't very suited to the office meetings I go to. And so the Starwalker Black Mystery has just the right feel for me.
Where did I buy my pen? From the Mont Blanc boutique at the Kuala Lumpur Airport. They provide a competitive price with a 10% discount, so I saved about Singapore $50 versus buying from the Changi Terminal 2 Mont Blanc boutique.




I find journaling has added fun with a beautiful pen. I heard that "saying something is for today, but writing something is forever". A journal puts into history your own stories. And what do you write about? Read these from the Book of Psalms:
Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare. (Psalm 40:5 NIV)
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you. (Psalm 139:16-18 NIV)

Write about God's blessings to you, His answers to your prayers, how He has rescued you from difficult circumstances. Then when trials come in the future, you can draw strength by recounting what God has done in the past.
And then you can share these stories to your children and grandchildren.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Singapore

Comments