Street Scenes - Arab Street and Haji Lane in Singapore

Went to Arab Street in Singapore for the first time. We were invited to try out a Lebanese Restaurant by our friend from Iran.


We were dropped of by our taxi at the corner of Beach Road and Haji Lane, and were immediately greeted by this colorfully painted Mexican restaurant. Immediately, I had to take out my iPhone 4S and take some photos.






A walk down Haji Lane looks inviting. And my daughter tells me there are some interesting shops there. But for now, we were hungry so off we go to Arab Street.













Walking to the restaurant, we are greeted by interesting shop houses, so more snapshots are called for.








There are a number of shops selling Persian carpets. Their bright colors and interesting patterns create nice photo ops.






And here is a place selling Turkish lamps amidst the carpet shops.



















I had never tried Lebanese food before, so it was going to be a taste adventure. The food turned out really good, with new spices and tastes. Very flavorful, without being overpowering. But more than just the food, I felt like I had just travelled to a completely new and interesting place within small Singapore.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Singapore

Comments