New Restaurants at Alabang Town Center, some favorite foods

I was back in Manila last June, and I was very happy to see that the extension of Alabang Town Center at the side of Corte de las Palmas and Commerce Avenue is now complete, and a number of nice, new restaurants are there.


There is Johnny Rockets, an American style diner. Haven't tried it yet, but it's probably good when you're in the mood for fat burgers and fries.









There is P.T. Chang's












There is an Abe's for good Filipino food.








And now there is a Chili's in Alabang! I had thought previously that Chili's was a Philippine chain, until a trip to the U,S, many years ago when we ate at Chili's immediately after landing (think it was a trip to Athens, Georgia). There's a Chili's in Singapore as well.



This Krispy Kreme is another pleasant surprise. Writing about this suddenly brought me back to my first experience of Krispy Kreme. I was on a tour from Phoenix, Arizona to see the Grand Canyon. One of the ladies on the tour asked me at a stop if I wanted a Krispy Kreme. I didn't even know what a Krispy Kreme was! She said I just had to try it, and went ahead and bought me one! Very nice!



Made it a point to eat some favorite foods while in Manila. Fried Bangus, well done. Eggs over easy, garlic rice and Coke Light, from Mary Grace in Alabang.






And ham pan de sal from The Plaza on the fourth floor of Rustan's Makati. Two favors of dressing, plus a Coke Light. Yum! Felt like Christmas!!
Read more about my very pleasant visit to Rustan's in Makati.



Which restaurants in the area are good? Let me know so I can try them next time!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Philippines

Comments

  1. Johnny Rockets is not the same taste as US stores. Very disappointing. Maybe different meats. Buffalo's Wings N' Things is great, better than the original from Buffalo NY ( I was just there). However they just closed and I was told they are opening soon at Commerce Center along with their Chubby's Rib Shack store. If it's like the one in Nuvali, it will be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. Johnny Rockets doesn't seem to be hugely patronized in ATC. Maybe it's partly the setting, I'm not sure. In Singapore, we would frequent Billy Bombers, a recommended Diner. I have to say though, that I was in Shangri-La Plaza East Wing, and I was very impressed, and very happy. Lots of new restaurants, and the feel of an upscale, cosmopolitan city mall. I spotted a Johnny Rockets there, with quite a number of diners. The resto there looked more interesting, more inviting. Re Nuvali, I should try more of their restos. But I tend to gravitate to Rosé and Grace :) after brunch in Tagaytay.

      Delete

Post a Comment