Rare Rimowa Sale AGAIN! New Salsa model just out.

The Rimowa Salsa is on sale AGAIN, only at Isetan Department Store at Orchard in Singapore. The sale is only for the Matt Black model. Price is SGD 915 less 20%, so with the discount this comes out at SGD 732. A great price, and so it's an excellent time to buy. This price rivals that from Agora in the Philippines. You'd rarely get access to a Rimowa cabin bag at this price point, so best to take advantage. Limited cabin bags are available, so if you're in the market for this excellent piece of luggage, I suggest you think about this quick and make a decision.



This Rimowa Salsa luggage is almost exactly what I have except for the color. So for a review of the Rimowa Salsa, check it from here.

Why is this Rimowa Salsa on sale? Well, I was told it's because a new model Rimowa Salsa just came out. What's the difference with the new model? Here's a preview.


The layer separator for the new Rimowa Salsa is the Velcro style on the bottom which is similar to the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe, and a new zippered compartment at the top. The separator layers are made of mesh cloth so you can see through them, and have a large and small zippered compartments for storing documents or various items. These are well designed features.


The earlier Rimowa Salsa has a layer separator for the top and an open compartment on the bottom, both of which are secured by belts with buckles.

Either of the styles is good. When I pack my clothes and gear, I normally put a clean laundry cloth (the ones available from 5-star hotels) before I secure the buckles, and I'm very happy with how I can optimize my packing. I also like how the buckles are reminiscent of airline seatbelts.



This is the Matt Grey color for the new Rimowa Salsa. You'll notice that the back handle is more streamlined to the case. The handle shape is more ergonomic, and contoured to match the curve at the back.




I had some concerns with the "improved handle" of the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe, which I described in my previous blog. This concern on the handle design was a big reason why I bought the Salsa and not the Salsa Deluxe. So I tried the execution in this new version Rimowa Salsa. I can happily say that my concern was addressed. Now, when holding the handle firmly, say when holding a computer bag over the Rimowa, there is no tendency to accidentally press the handle and cause it to go down. So it feels very solid. It was a good engineering fix.


These are the key design changes. No random evolution here! All the feature enhancements are well-planned, engineered, manufactured. It's so incomprehensible that these design improvements could happen by random chance processes from "copying errors" resulting to "beneficial mutations" accumulating over millions of years. I'd much rather accept the literature that these different versions of the Rimowa Salsa were designed and manufactured by the good people of Rimowa in Germany, though I've not met any of them. (The new handle alone requires new injection molds built by highly precise computer controlled machines to run on precision equipment.) And if a simple luggage bag cannot evolve on its own, then all the more I cannot accept the bigger theory of Evolution, which among other things asks people to have faith that elements and compounds would interact on their own to form proteins and combine into living organisms that became more and more complex and acquire more and more design features all by themselves, contradicting sound and observable experimental science. Too much story-telling for my engineering background! That's why I believe in the God of the Bible, because once you get into the detail of operational science, it's easy to see that the Bible proclaims a more sound and logical faith.

Back to the Rimowa Salsa - Are the design enhancements enough to pay the SGD 180 difference between the old and new model? If you are keen on design excellence and attention to detail, go for the new version. Also, if you're not happy with the Matt Black color, don't compromise! Get the color you want. If you want the functionality and excellence of the Rimowa luggage and don't mind the color and the handle shape, get the Matt Black at SGD 732! At this price it's even lower than the Rimowa Salsa Air. Really, if you're planning to buy, get this now!

Want to know more about how operational science confirms the Word of God, and that as Christians we have a sound faith? How the results of operational science and repeatable experiments actually don't support historical science and faith in the theory of Evolution? Learn to distinguish between operational science and historical science. Check out the Answers in Genesis website!


Note: this blog was originally posted on October 14, 2012.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Singapore

Comments

  1. wow, that's a good deal! how did you find out about the sale? at the store? will wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, saw the sale at the store. Second time at Isetan at Shaw in Singapore, and I've not seen Rimowa on sale anywhere else. If you're at Orchard Road in Singapore, check the store from time to time. If it goes on sale, Rimowa stocks on choice sizes and models go very fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you help me find the Prices of RIMOWA in SG please?

      Delete
    2. Hi Vince. I've not seen a site that publishes official Rimowa luggage prices, nor an online store for Rimowa in Singapore. If you are (or will be) in SG, you can check out standard pricing by going to the Rimowa boutique stores, like the one in Mandarin Gallery along Orchard Road. Last time I compared in Q3 2013, you'd still save about SGD 100 to SGD 150 by buying Rimowa luggage bags in Manila. But if you catch the infrequent Rimowa sale in SG, go for it. Your best chances for that would be in Isetan Department store at Shaw and Takashimaya department store at Ngee Ann City, both along Orchard Road. Happy shopping! If you want me to email you, leave an address here and I'll get back to you.

      Delete
  3. i think there's another private sale coming up on 28 dec. will definitely go check it out. i didnt even know rimowa goes on sale until i saw your blog. thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to help! :) When the Rimowa is on regular pricing, it's a sound buy. But when it's on 20% or more off, it''s a really great deal!
    Travel well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic product with one of the amusing quality. Actually, the offer is also attractive for customer. I think, these luggage have very light Wight and people can carry this without any fatigue-less. I want to use this kind’s of gorgeous product.

    Rimowa Luggage Repair Center

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I live in Singapore and also a big fan of RIMOWA ... After buying my first RIMOWA Salsa Carryon at Retail price at the RIMOWA Retail at Suntec. I decided to go online and I bought a Classic Flight Multiwheel by Rimowa, 71cm ( € 444 = S$745+7% GST =S$797 ) delivered to Singapore incl postage. Yesterday I picked up yet again a Rimowa Salsa Air Cabin in Marine Blue, ( € 285 = S$460+7% GST = S$492 ) delivered to Singapore incl postage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you got good prices, especially on the Salsa Air. And three bags one after the other. Congratulations, they are great buys! I am planning to get a Salsa Air myself since my wife is now traveling with me quite often. Thanks for letting me know! Take care. Safe travels.

      Delete
  7. Hi thanks for your comments ... Yes they are good buys and the Singapore retail is ripping us with double the prices .. I bought these on
    http://www.koffer24.com/shop/pages/index.grid?lang=en
    Good luck and Safe travels ... TC and Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for the well wishes. You, too., and thanks for the tip on the online store.
      Prices in Singapore can be very steep. They generally go along with the upmarket clientele. More expensive shop floor rentals, high-end store displays, higher salaried sales ladies, all add up to higher prices on goods. But thankfully, not on everything! On luxury watches and luxury pens, Singapore offers very favorable pricing! On the other hand, cars are super expensive. I can actually get (which I am planning to do, but still deciding which one) either a BMW 318d or a Mercedes Benz C180 in the Philippines at about half the price I would pay in Singapore for a Honda CRV! Crazy pricing? True! But that's why it's a challenge and a bit of fun to hunt for where to buy what :)
      Want to get a lead on a really great deal? Check out and read through my article on the Mont Blanc pen, but see my notes toward the end...
      http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8870372320908224740#editor/target=post;postID=1552732806879278386;onPublishedMenu=postsstats;onClosedMenu=postsstats;postNum=16;src=postname
      Thanks again. Best regards.

      Delete

Post a Comment