FitFlop (TM) for Men, some of the best shoes you can ever get to date, now with a corporate look!

I have been a FitFlop (TM) convert for the last 2-plus years. Why? They are simply wonderful to use!


My newest pair of FitFlop (TM) shoes is a Monty Chocolate full leather upper, boat-style shoe. More premium than the usual FitFlop, it feels very comfortable from Day 1.

No breaking-in.
Very comfortable, they feel like a cross between a hiking shoe and a rubber shoe, with more bounce and firmness at the same time. I've never had problems of breaking-in a FitFlop (TM) shoe - because they've never needed any breaking in! My experience has been that FitFlop (TM) shoes are comfortable from the start.


My first pair of FitFlop (TM) shoes which I still use regularly and remain comfortable. I may hang these soon though, so need to get a replacement casual, everyday pair, an excuse to buy :)

My wife made me a convert.
It was my wife who first started using FitFlops. Part of the reason she started was that it tones the legs. So she said I might feel some strain on the calves at the start, as the legs get strengthened, while at the same time the feet are very comfortable. What I noticed for her is that with all our walking in Singapore (living at Anderson Road and walking almost daily to the shops and restos at Orchard Road, pus Ion Orchard and Isetan at Shaw Centre), typically clocking 3 km-plus per day, she didn't complain about her feet. In Manila, she would rarely walk a kilometer except in a mall as she would drive to every destination. Thus she would complain a lot about walking when we first settled in Singapore 3 years ago. Part of the adjustment for her was to get FitFlops and get accustomed to walking more, after which, her complaints on walking vanished! Now, when she wears FitFlops, we can walk the whole day, which in Singapore is not atypical, and we can probably walk up to 7 km in a day, shopping included. On the other hand, when she wears different shoes for fashion value, she has a "time limit" on walking, like Cinderella :)


My first black leather pair of FitFlop (TM) shoes, that I wore in the office. I found my FitFlop (TM) shoes so comfortable, I wanted to use them for the office, too.

I finally bought my first pair.
When I finally bought my first pair of FitFlop (TN) shoes, a grey nubuck leather casual shoe, I was so impressed that I soon after bought another pair that I could use in the office. The shoes are not cheap, at about SGD 220, they are easily double or triple the price of typical shoes. But I found them well worth the value.


My second black leather pair of FitFlop (TM) shoes that I also purchased for office use was this low boot, one of my favorites. I would often wear this for traveling through airports where walking long distances is a norm.

My first pair of FitFlop (TM) shoes were quickly followed by others.
After my first pair of black, leather office FitFlops, a black low-cut boot came out that was more sleek and semi-Corporate looking. So I got those. They became a favorite for my travels, as walking long distances in the airports of Singapore and Kuala Lumpur is normal. And I reasoned to myself, since I would go on flights on average twice a month, that I would rather protect my knees with soft-soled shoes than look more "Corporate".


When FitFlop (TM) shoes with black rubber soles came out, I got those, too.

But then an even more Corporate-looking shoe came out, one with for the first time - black rubber soles. So of course, I decided to purchase this as well. Then aside from these casual and office-type shoes, I have a couple of sandals for laid-back wear. Between my wife and I, we have fourteen (yes, 14) FitFlop shoes, a significant portion of our shoe lineup that we actively use [so yes, we have more shoes than these, but also means that since using FitFlops, we have markedly decreased usage of our other shoes].


The new Lewis (TM) All Black from FitFlop (TM). Great looking, much more dressy FitFlop for guys.

New classic gent's oxford from FitFlop is out.
I was recently at Rustan's Department Store at Alabang Town Center in the Philippines and was very happy to discover that FitFlop has now come out with a more traditional, more dressy shoe, better suited for the office setting.


The new Lewis (TM) All Black from FitFlop (TM).



The Lewis (TM) was priced at P8,400, same as the Monty. I got my Monty in Singapore for SGD 270. Again the price is quite steep, but I would argue that if this shoe can prevent knee injuries from developing later on, allow you to walk farther and see more of the city, then they are worth it.
Now when I looked at the FitFlop website, i was again pleasantly surprised to see the Lewis (TM) available in several colors.

If you think the claims on an "Ultra-comfortable biomechanically engineered Microwobbleboard™ midsole" are just hype, as I did, then let me reassure you the shoes are worth the spending. Read more about the FitFlop microwobbleboard technology that goes into the shoes here. For mobile devices, you can read about it here.

The evolution of the FitFlop black leather shoe makes me think of evolution in general. Most people believe what they're taught that man evolved from primates, which evolved from "lower" mammal forms (which some [origins or theoretical] scientists now claim humans evolved from rats). So most people accept that elements clumped together in some primordial soup to form amino acids, to form proteins, to eventually form the first living cells, and then form a whole living organism. But most people don't realize that if you investigate this line of thinking, it totally doesn't make sense, cannot be supported with [operational or observational] science, and is downright absurd!
But be warned, that this article can start to open your eyes to the truth e.g. that life didn't start from random interactions of non-living elements, and that - when it comes to conclusions, there is a Creator!


FitFlop (TM) sandals for a laid-back walk.

Just as with the four generations of black leather FitFlop (TM) shoes, there had to be a designer, a manufacturer. When we see a FitFlop (TM) shoe with its technology and ingeniously designed shapes and combinations of materials, we know for sure, this was created. Yet, do we look at a human foot and understand how incredibly high is the technology and engineering it represents? And dare we say that the human foot - evolved? We haven't even dreamt of inventing a shoe that can generate baby shoes, and as they generate more and more shoes, some of the shoes mutate in an unlikely positive way and take over the previous models. Absurd? Yes!! Yet with humans, do we say we evolved from rats? I encourage you to read this article and make an informed decision on your own.

While you're at it and get to realize there is a Creator, then get to know Him through the book of John, in the New Testament, in the Bible. Better yet, start with understanding what the Creator says about getting to heaven!

Now go ahead, enjoy those FitFlop (TM) shoes! But don't forget the more important things in life!

Happy walking!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Manila, Philippines

Comments

  1. Thanks for the write-up! I'm on my first pair of FitFlops and really love them. Super comfortable and seem like they have really high-quality construction. Just ordered a couple more, including the Monty.
    Cheers!
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David. I'm really happy to hear of your very positive experience with the FitFlops! As an enabler for having long and enjoyable walks, day after day, without even thinking of your feet because you don't get sore soles or blisters or calluses, it's really worth sharing about the shoes! I was reminded of my many experiences of staying at Buckhead, Atlanta, each time lasting for a week. When I'd go to my hotel in the early evenings, I'd take the opportunity to shop in the surrounding malls and eat at various restaurants. And in the US, not always having a rental car, the walking distances are very extensive! And that's where I first felt the great difference of having a good shoe. At that time, it was my Merrell shoes that made a wonderful difference. Also as a mountain hiker, I've recommended and influenced a lot of friends to buy Merrells. But for city walking, and as I've shared for all my daily and weekly walks along Singapore's Orchard Road shopping and restaurant areas, and weekly Singapore Changi airport walks, I believe that anyone would be hard pressed to find any shoe that is more comfortable and fashionably at home as the FitFlops.
      Let's enjoy walking!

      Delete

Post a Comment