Amazed with the BMW Battery Power Management!

I bought a new BMW 318d F30 about 2 months ago and have been really happy with it.
See my earlier blogs on why I got the BMW, and also why I believe getting a BMW is so much more than just about buying a great car.

But this morning, I was really amazed!
I was on a three-week trip to Singapore and left my two cars behind, and arrived back in Manila yesterday.


As would be expected, after a long trip, my car battery would be dead. I would typically call Motolite Express Delivery to jump start my car (this is a very helpful service, thank God for them, and so I buy Motolite batteries!). After letting the car idle for 20 to 30 minutes, I can drive off without any worries. Then the car is back in full operation, no hassle. I did this same routine for my other car yesterday, same same.

With my 318d in Mineral Gray Metallic in the background.

This morning, I drove to where I kept the BMW. Not wanting to call on Motolite Express Delivery to jumpstart the BMW, (and besides, it doesn't even use a Motolite battery!) nor wanting to call Prestige BMW car services every time I got back from a long trip, I had bought a BMW automatic battery charger. It's not cheap, but I considered it an investment. I had removed the car cover from the BMW and was getting ready to connect the battery charger, when I just tried to open the car with the remote key. To my surprise, the car responded and opened! Then I ran inside the car to see if even the engine would turn on. Upon pressing the push-start button, to my utter amazement, the car powered up and the engine started, as if I had just driven the car yesterday! And this was after three weeks! Twenty-one days!!

I was so impressed. Elated! I am still impressed.

And so I am back to using the BMW after three weeks of the car being on standby, with the push of a button, without needing to call for any service. No hassle, no worries.

Thank God! And thank God for the engineers, designers and other people at BMW!

Postscript:

BMW models changing on their own.
I wonder if this feature or ability is in older BMW models, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's not. The new F30 3 -Series has so many upgrades and technological improvements. The BMW engineers (all kinds of them, with all their particular specializations) have definitely been at work. No signs of evolution here, no work of error and error and voila, a completely new model with upgrades! Thank God He has given people a 'sound mind', that we ought to make the best use of.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 AMP)

Electric Batteries a modern invention.
Or are they? Check out this article that 2000-year old batteries were discovered in ancient Baghdad. The idea doesn't really fit in with the evolutionary concept that man came from brutish apes and steadily acquired wisdom over long ages. But the ancient artifacts do fit well with the Biblical story that God created men with genius and ability from day one, and they were skilled in crafts and built cities. A interesting read.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments