A Leica D-Lux 5 with wi-fi? Nikon DSLR with wi-fi?

Are you holding back on buying a nice camera like a Leica, until it has wi-fi capability? Do you enjoy the ability of your smartphone to snap photos and immediately post them on your fave social media, but feel the lack of photographic flexibility and capability?


The Leica D-Lux 5 and the iPhone 5 can now be paired with a wi-fi capable memory card. No need for cables and adapters, and no need to look for a wi-fi zone.

Wait no longer! There is now a wi-fi memory card called Eye-Fi (R). It boasts the ability to transfer picture files to your smartphone or device via wi-fi, without any external wi-fi source! It can work with Apple devices and IOS or those running Android, handle RAW files, video files,


I just learned about this product so I don't have one yet, but it promises a lot of great conveniences. If you haven't bought an SD card reader for your iPad, then this Eye-Fi wi-fi card is something you should immediately consider.

The card is fully compatible with my Leica D-Lux 5 and my Nikon D7000. For me, I now like bringing my Leica D-Lux 5 on my trips, and have been leaving my DSLRs at home. Check out my blogs on why I really like the Leica.
- Got my Leica D-Lux 5, and my journey into photography

- Impressed with the setting options of the Leica D-Lux 5 camera

- The Leica D-Lux 6 is out. Time to upgrade?

- Leica D-Lux 6 'Edition by G-Star RAW', Great Leica Limited Edition under $2000!

The Eye-Fi (R) site claims the card is compatible with thousands of cameras. Check compatibility of your camera on their website.

This product upgrade, from a film media to electronic media, and from small 2 GB cards to 16 GB cards, from unstable formats to robust and reliable formats, and now from basic memory cards to wi-fi capable memory cards able to communicate with our smart devices, is another great example of how upward product evolution requires smart designing, technology and engineering. In the real world (in contrast to the imaginary world) this doesn't happen by chance. It's a good thing to remember when people, popular media and the mainstream culture impose on us the preaching of naturalistic, Darwinian evolution. It just doesn't happen!

Happy image capturing!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments