Durian Coffee, Anyone?

May I offer you a cup of Durian Coffee? Durian lovers would be quick to want to try this. But even non-durian eaters should give this new dessert beverage a shot! And don't be surprised if you'll like it! 

Just last Friday evening a good family friend gifted me with a single sachet of ... surprise... Durian White Coffee! I made a mental note that I would try it soon as I got home. And very pleasantly, just as I had anticipated, it tasted great! On my way home I already checked and true enough, there was now in my friendly neighbourhood Fair Price, a Durian White Coffee! It was a different brand, so I know there are now at least two brand’s in the Singapore market. 

Read more about the exotic durian fruit from this link.

This brand looks like "VP Ducafe", and flags "Premium Recipe", and indeed it tastes great! It's a "4 IN 1", so it's very convenient. And I must say, it doesn't taste like it uses artificial durian nor artificial coffee flavours, Some people might be turned off by this "instant" format. I know and can taste strong artificial coffee flavours in the 3-in-1 coffees (plural, different brand’s) in the Philippnes, but it's not the same in Singapore. The 3-in-1's in SG use only real coffee powder and I can taste, smell and feel the difference. So don't let the powder format bother you.

There are 4 flavours to try - Durian White Coffee, Durian Mocha, Durian Chocolate, and Durian Teh Tarik. I've tried the first two and rate them very high. The Durian flavour goes very well with coffee with milk. Especially if you're from the Philippines and enjoy the durian pastillas whenever you travel to Southern Philippines or durian ice cream that is now more commonly available in supermarkets (these are must-try for Philippine visitors!), if you like these you will quickly appreciate this durian coffee. For me this coffee taste rates as high as a Minty Mocha from Pacific Coffee, and higher than a Caramel Mocha from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf or a Raspberry Mocha Kiss from Seattles Best Coffee.

Give this new coffee a try! 
I will be happily drinking this until the next durian season in Nov. / Dec. for Red Prawn and a few other varieties, then again in summer for the Mountain Cat King, the Sultan and Bamboo, and even the regular kampong durian! 


Stay safe and healthy! 

Comments