Bedok Reservoir Park - like walking a premium Golf course for free

Had an early walk to Bedok Reservoir Park and since the morning was cool and breezy, it was a simple joy to take the hour-and-a-half walk from Kembangan MRT while listening to my YouVersion Bible and favorite Christian podcasts on my iPhone.
 
Now I am not a golfer but rather I've been an active mountain hiker complete with high tech, lightweight tents and hiking gear, but the scenes at the Bedok Reservoir Park (I'll call it BRP for short) sure make me think of golf courses I've visited. 
 
The park has generous stretches of vibrant grass, maybe a bit greener since this morning had some light drizzles. Park benches and gazebos are available all around so you can rest and take a breather and take in the sights. 
 
The wide open spaces in Singapore are surely relaxing for the weekends where weekdays are crammed into concrete though luxurious office buildings and malls.
 
 On the way back, I passed a different area and saw a bird shop. 
 
Birds are not cheap in Singapore. This shops sold wood bird houses with a single bird for $130 to $150. 
 
And these are not even birds you can interact with! 
 
To think that I used to give away African Peach-Faced Lovebirds that would be very playful as long as you feed them from when they were chicks and they get to know you! 
 
And here is a scene from Bedok Park, on the way back to Kembangan. 

Beautiful spots in Singapore!

Comments