Saigon Visit Pics and Quick Notes

Planning a trip to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City? Here is a quick view on what you can see and where to stay. 

Restaurants abound. So be sure to get a sampling of the local food fare. 
I guess one question in visiting Vietnam is Hanoi or HCMC? I’ve been to HCMC twice on business, and I was happy to be able to go around a bit during both trips. So I can only say nice things for Saigon. And if food is your choice, you can find good north Vietnamese food in Saigon as welll. 

I stayed at the Renaissance Riverside Hotel, a Bonvoy group hotel. Very pleasant and well situated for both business, as well as for after hours. Look for a place that is near Nguyen street, near the HCMC City Hall or government office. 
There are lots of restaurants around the area, lots of coffee shops, and good places to visit. Be sure to try the local drip coffee. 



 And here are pics of the HCMC Notre Dame, the only Notre Dame cathedral and spire standing as of this writing. I’m thankful I had the opportunity to visit the one in Paris, twice with my wife and once with my adult kids too. 



Looks remarkably close, right? Remember that Vietnam was under the French for many years! 
Here is the Opera House. This reminded me of the Opera House in Buenos Aires!

And here are pics of the post office. 



These were all within a short distance from the Renaissance Riverside hotel. 
That’s it for a quick view of modern Saigon. 
Safe travels!

Comments