Why Shift to the Apple AirPods Pro

You have the Apple AirPods, or other earphones or headphones. Why buy the new Apple AirPods Pro? Is it worth it? To sum it up - Yes! Here are 4 reasons why. 

The Apple AirPods to the left, and the Apple AirPods Pro to the right. Overall size of the case are the same. The AirPods Pro seem a bit heavier, due to the added tech and battery life

1. The nose-canceling really works, and works well. I’ve tried earlier versions of earphones with mouse cancelling and the effects were minimal. Some even had a buzzing white noise, very bad. With the AirPods Pro, the quietness really goes up a notch when you put them on. Great for focusing on what you’re listening to, enjoy every instrument and note, or to simply concentrate on what you’re doing. 

2. The fit is very comfortable. The size is just slightly bigger than the original AirPods, but they fit well on the ear. The design is snug, and I like them more than those with large profiles sticking into the ear with their batteries. The silicon fittings are durable, and provide noise isolation to make the noise cancellation even better. I have no problem wearing the earphones for more than 5 hours, and this is my experience since having them for more than 4 months. 

3. Convenience is very high. Most of the time, about 90%, I go around with my Apple AirPods Pro in my pocket AND  my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 in my bag. But almost 100% of the time I have my Apple AirPods in my pocket. The size of the case tells the full story on ease of carrying. There are just a few times when I simply wouldn’t want a bag with me. 
Convenience also comes in ease of shifting from noise cancellation being on, to off, to “pass through” or listening in to ambient sounds. That’s something my Bose can’t do. 
The third area of convenience is how easy it is to shift from one device to another, specially on Apple devices. It’s just so much easier than other wireless headphone or earphone brands. 

4. Go “Hands free” on flights. We all know how it is these days - sticking to 7kgs on handcarry luggage, storing small bags for takeoff and landing, etc. I always fly with my Bose Quiet Comfort 35. But for many flights, I’ve just kept it inside my handcarry since it’s a bit cumbersome to take it outside a well-packed bag. My previous routine was to whip it out once the flight has leveled at altitude, then stow it again after landing for the walk to immigration. But on short 2 to 4 hour flights around Asia, I’ve been fine with using the AirPods Pro the whole time. This way, I can just have them in my pocket when I need them. The Bose Quiet Comfort 35 is good for 20 hours so it’ll cover long flights straight. The Apple AirPods can go for about  5 hours straight, and the charging case carries it to a full 24 hours, so it’ll completely cover Asia to Europe and US flights with no problem at all! 

Well, that’s it for now. Thank God I’m able to get the Apple AirPods Pro. If you have the chance to get them, go for it. The added price is good value. BUT as I always say, don’t stretch yourself. We all need to be good stewards of God’s blessings and provisions. 


Comments