Adidas Ultra Boost 19 or Nike Air Vapor Max Fk3? Depends...

Into running shoes during the lockdown? With the gyms closed, many have gone into running to keep fit. Here’s a quick post I wanted to get out - on some great deal opportunities.

Here is the Adidas Ultra Boost 19. Among the Ultra Boost series, this is my favorite because of the snug fit, like a second skin. For those who want a looser fit and something more casual and less of a running shoe, go for the Ultra Boost (not 19).

If you want something more seriously sporty - in my opinion you could go for the Ultra Boost 20. But personally I prefer my Ultra Boost 19 over my “20”, as I like the fit better, I like the versatility of the 19 as a lifestyle shoe while being designed and built for serious runs. The typical price in Singapore is S$260 (down from previously ($280). Usually I can get the shoes at a 10% or 15% discount on the latest releases at the boutique shops. With the Covid lockdowns, we are all limited to the online shops, and there are no discounts on the latest releases, but the typial sale prices online for earlier colors could go to S$ 179 to S$ 229. Check out the official Adidas site and also Foot Locker SG for deals on colors that have been around longer. 

My nearest comparison to Nike would be the Nike Air Vapor Max Flyknit 3. Among the current models, this model suits my personal preference for the styling and also the material. To me, this is also a good lifestyle shoe while being usable for running. 

The Flyknit 3 material has a “firmer” feel compared to earlier Nike Air Vapor Max Flyknit versions, so I would compare it to the fabric of the Adidas Ultra Boost 19. The sole designs are very different - the Ultra Boost material versus the air chamber units on the Nike.

In stores, this would typically go for S$ 280. At the Nike store, I would also be able to get a 10% discount. Interestingly, the sale prices on the Nike online store could be comparable to the Adidas Ultra Boost. At Footlocker SG, the prices were recently down to as low as S$169, which is a good dealNow ordinarily, all things considered - I would go for the Adidas Ultra Boost as the sole design gives me the impression of greater durability, better feel all around for walking, and also greater ease when used for driving. To show this is my opinion - I have 3 pairs of Adidas Ultra Boost shoes. But then Foot Locker dropped their price on the Nike Air Vapor Max to $109, so I felt this is the best time to go for a new pair and actually own one. 


Moral and purpose for this post: if you are in the market for new running shoes, or sports & lifestyle shoes - check the websites: Adidas, Nike, Footlocker SG. There are some great deals continuously going on now, to invite people to purchase. So if you need it, and if you have the income (but please please don’t extend yourself!) - help to keep the economy going and patronize your fave brands and products. And use them! Don’t just buy to keep in a cabinet! Please...
 
That’s it for now. Keep running! And stay safe!

Comments