Best Place to buy Rimowa - Lufthansa WorldShop in Germany

I was going to Germany again and so I planned to get another Rimowa, this time the largest size so I could carry a lot when I needed to. The prices in Europe are much lower than in Asia, so if I had the opportunity I would buy. 
 
My Rimowa matte black Salsa medium size luggage bag while in a very nice house in Montmartre, Paris, in 2016. 
I purchased my most recent Rimowa last year in Paris. I got a matte black, medium size Rimowa Salsa that is just right for a 4-day trip (I like to pack all I will want on a trip!). This time I was in Mannheim and I was ready to get a luggage bag while the shop lady was explaining the advantages of the new Rimowa electronic luggage tag that was developed with and first available for use on Lufthansa Airlines. This reminded me that previously I got a Rimowa Bolero cabin bag from the Lufthansa WorldShop in Frankfurt at an unbeatable price. So now I wanted to see if I could buy from Lufthansa again. 
 
My Rimowa Bolero cabin bag from the Lfthamsa Worldshop in Frankfurt, 2015. Notice the Lufthansa logo alongside Rimowa  branding.
So now the challenge was logistics. How do I manage 3 Rimowa bags while still traveling through trains and airports in Germany. One option was to just buy on the day I would already fly out of Frankfurt, but then I would not have minded the additional luggage space since I had a 30 kg check-in allowance. Since I was passing through Dusseldorf airport, I just checked if they had a Lufthansa WorldShop and to my pleasant surprise, they did! 
 
The Lufthansa WorldShop had generous selections of Rimowa luggages, and even sets of cabin and check-in bags, all at very special prices. 
 
Lots of available Rimowa models and sizes, all with the Lufthansa co-branding. These are special luggages with unique features, some slightly different from the Rimowa bags you see in boutiques. 
  
I decided to go with the Airlight Premium XL in Anthracite Brown. The staff in the shop were very friendly and helpful. And even when I wrote Lufthansa WorldShop to inquire, the response was very fast!
 
The net price for me after the tax rebate is about 45% lower versus Singapore, an unbelievably good deal when you know the performance, durability and elegance of the Rimowa luggages. If you're not traveling to Germany but you travel a lot, I would still get a Rimowa, from anywhere in Europe. Or in Asia, get it from the Philippines where I got my first Rimowa. You'll be very thankful for how convenient it is to roll the bags, specially when walking long distances in airports or train stations.
 
And so how did I manage 3 Rimowa bags, you might ask? Smart and easy - I placed the Rimowa Bolero inside the new Rimowa Airlight Premium XL! And by doing so, I was able to buy significantly more stuff from Germany, all at great prices, thank God! 
 
At the Lufthansa WorldShop, check out the luggage tags. They're another great deal at only €5 per piece, made of elegant and very thick calf leather. They're so good, I got 4 pieces so the family could use them. 
 
That's it for now. Happy travels. Stay safe! 

Comments