Rimowa Salsa 4-wheel Cabin luggage a pleasure to use

I've used my Rimowa 4-wheeler carry-on bag on three trips now, since I bought it, and I have to say that it's a pleasure to use. Thus this follow-up to my first article on my Rimowa luggage.


I find it rather unusual to have an emotional connection to a luggage bag. Such more naturally suits an article of branded clothing, a luxury signature bag, a fine mechanical timepiece, precious jewelry or leather accessories. But luggage? Sounds rather unconventional, even a bit weird. But yes, I do find some emotional attachment to the carry-on bag.


I like how the Salsa model uses organizer straps that are designed with a play on airline seatbelts. This is different in the Salsa deluxe which has shifted to using Velcro straps. I don't have a Salsa deluxe, but I imagine that I would prefer the straps on the Salsa model, as it gives me an airline-travel-feeling even before I step into an airport, while I'm still packing.


Also, the Rimowa gives a feeling of being on business class even when packing, and when cruising the Duty Free shops in airports with the zippy 4 wheels, and while living off the luggage inside hotels.

I also need to mention that my handcarry luggage has been lighter by about 300 g consistently since I started using the Rimowa. Not huge, but I like staying within the 7 kg to below 8 kg for my cabin bag when I fly, and I feel the difference. More importantly, fitting my stuff inside has seemed easier and more relaxed.

There's a small circle of people going around airports in Rimowa bags. Does anyone notice? I'm quite sure the answer is no, except for those who are using them! And thats how it should be.

Is it worth the price tag? If you travel fairly often and value a good, functional luggage that is elegant in its own way, then to me the answer is yes. For the road warrior, every bit of convenience means a lot.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments