Really enjoy using my Rimowa Salsa 4-wheel cabin bag. Important tips on the lock.

I've had my Rimowa Salsa 4-wheel cabin bag for about 4 months now, and I really enjoy using it. It must have accompanied me on more than 22 flights already. And it still looks as new as when I bought it! It's a classy piece of luggage. And for those who use Rimowa bags, seeing a fellow Rimowa-user speaks to me "frequent traveller" and "smart and tasteful choice".


Easy and comfortable to use, you can just quickly roll the bag upright on any surface you're walking on. You'd only really struggle on a plush long pile carpet, in which case it's easier to tow the bag on two wheels. I particularly like it how, when getting to the spacious Singapore arrival areas with smooth floors (is it granite, going to the immigration counters?) I can roll the bag ahead of me, fidget with stuff in my Bally or Louis Vuitton messenger bag, then hold my Rimowa bag again. It's like pushing a toy car, or like having a dog walking at your heel.

Check out my previous article on my Rimowa bag.
And this one.

For some unexplainable reason, I also find it consistently easy to fit one or two nights worth of luggage into my bag, and stay within 7 kg or 8 kg. So I really find it great to use.


Here's a very important tip though. I find now that it's possible for the slide that you twist up or to the right to unlock the bag to - stick to the open position. There is then a danger that you unwittingly change the number combination, then when you close and lock the bag again, you can't reopen it because you don't know the right number!!

This is a possibility specially in my case, because I have learned that you can immediately change the numbers displayed after you open the lock, and it's just as easy re-engage the lock. I like this feature because i can quickly set the combination to 000 after opening, which therefore reduces the possibility that people see my secret combination. I find this feature unique for Rimowa. Other bags with combination locks typically need you to keep the correct combination displayed until you lock the bag again. This creates an added risk for those other bags if you forget to lock your luggage and change the number display.

So - very important tip, before changing the number combination display, make sure the unlock slide is in the lock position.

I thank God for my Rimowa bag. It's very well designed, and beautifully and strongly built.

Happy Travels!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Singapore

Comments